Hoverboard riding is tricky for those who have not tried it yet. We have seen numerous videos of riders falling spectacularly off the hoverboards. Some of them simply laugh and rise back up again but others are not so lucky. Injuries are common and the most serious ones require medical attention.
The prospect of getting hurt can discourage people from trying out the hoverboard. This is unfortunate if they missed out on the joy of riding one. Fortunately, a number of experts listed some easy steps to learn to ride the board. Here are some hoverboard riding tips for newbies.
How to Step on the Hoverboard
1. Switch on the hoverboard and make sure that it has enough power to carry your around. Otherwise, charge it first.
2. Put the hoverboard on the ground with the LED lights facing you.
3. Some boards have ride modes that include settings for Beginners. If it’s available, set it to that mode.
4. Put the dominant foot first on the hoverboard. Make sure that the board is in an upright and level position.
5. Lift the other foot and step on the hoverboard, keep each foot to the far side of the board and maintain a wide stance. Take note that a narrow stance will tend to increase your chances of falling down.
6. With both feet on the hoverboard, just relax and enjoy the sensation. The board also helps in maintaining your balance. As a precaution, position the board near a wall or anything that you can hold on just in case.
How to Ride the Hoverboard
By now, you are already comfortable and used to balancing yourself with the hoverboard. The next step is to learn how to move forward and backward.
1. To move forward, simply lean forward.
2. Likewise to move backward, lean backward.
Moving the hoverboard is pretty much straight forward. The important thing is to maintain a stable and balanced stance on the hoverboard. Newbies may feel a slight wobble with their first few ride attempts. Practice moving forward and backward until it becomes natural to you. The next step is learning the turns.
How to Turn the Hoverboard
Turning the hoverboard also requires practice especially for newbies.
1. To turn the hoverboard to the right, push the left foot forward.
2. To turn the hoverboard to the left, push the right foot forward.
How to Spin the Hoverboard
The foot pressure is also responsible for the twisting motion that spins the hoverboard. To limit the chances of falling off, it is advisable for newbies to make slow, controlled spins at first. Once you get the hang of it, the spins could get faster. Master these basics before going on to perform much more complicated tricks.
Learning how to ride the hoverboard does not have to be difficult. You can only minimize the chances of falling off the board by taking simple precautions. Mastering the basic steps first before attempting the complex ones will keep you safe from possible injuries. It’s also the fastest way to become a pro at riding hoverboards.